Powered by WebAds

Friday, November 03, 2006

YNet tries to figure out why Yigal Amir stays in the public light

YNet wonders why Yigal Amir stays in the public light. They went to 'experts.' The 'experts,' all leftist professors, wring their hands and complain about "the groups that stand behind Amir," "that the political system is leaning increasingly more to the right," "the educational system escaped all interest," and one professor who claims that Amir is not in the public light, and describes him with an obscenity I will not repeat. Here's their solution:
In a bid to battle the trend, publicist Gil Samsonov published Thursday a petition calling for the enactment of a law that would isolate political murderers and put them in "physical, human and media isolation."

Some 200 public figures have signed the petition so far. According to the proposal, "The murderer will be cut off from any human interaction, any human ear, eye or hand; from his guards as well as from his family. We shall be disconnected from the murderer, his opinions, thoughts, needs, views, from today and until the day he dies."
This ignores reality, and is not going to change anyone's mind. If I believed that Yigal Amir murdered Yitzchak Rabin, I would be all in favor of locking him up for life, and I believe that 99.9% of the country (or more) would agree with that. The problem is that I am far from convinced that Amir had a fair trial or that he committed the murder.

For those of you who are close-minded, stop reading now and leave - you won't listen anyway. That probably includes the 70% of Israelis who want Amir locked up for life. (Some of you may recall that I said a couple of weeks ago that I was posting on another blog. I resigned this week, because I posted something on this topic and the blog owner took it down because it was 'too controversial.' I don't need to write for outlets that are going to censor me). For the rest of you, if you go here, you will find someone who was on stage with Rabin the night of November 4, 1995, who stated over and over again that he was not hit. For those of you who speak Hebrew, you can watch and listen to the witness:



Now, you can go and watch the 'assassination' - which just happened to be taped from a nearby apartment window. This one runs about ten minutes, so be patient. There's also an article about it (especially helpful for those who don't understand Hebrew) here:



Notice in the video that Rabin is shot in the back. Now (with apologies to those without sufficient Hebrew to understand this), watch an interview with Dr. Barabash, who was then the director of Ichilov Hospital (I believe that today he's the managing director of the Ministry of Health) - where Rabin finally arrived 22 minutes after he was shot at a place that is 90 seconds (tops) from the hospital by car. Note that Dr. Barabash says specifically that Rabin was shot in the chest.



Now, last but not least, we have Dr. Ephraim Sneh, the current Deputy Defense Minister and then the Minister of Health, being interviewed as he leaves the hospital on the night of the assassination. Note that he too says that Rabin was shot in the chest.



But you will all recall that two screens ago you saw Amir shoot Rabin in the back! And that, my friends, is one reason why none of this makes any sense. Now, go back and read my friend Dr. Josh's explanation, the historical context for what happened, and the fact that the government will not even let Amir see Rabin's x-rays (and believe me - the suppression of evidence during the 'trial' was much worse).

Now do you see why 30% of the country wants to pardon Amir doesn't believe Amir is guilty?

9 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Hey Carl, I'd have no problem linking this, since it's good, but I just went through your blogroll, and I'm not there...even after all the posts of yours I've put on HH.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

I will take care of that bli neder tomorrow night.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Danny said...

Hi Carl,

I don't see my link, either, but frankly see no point in the discussion who shot Rabin. Whoever did that, is not guilty.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger ziontruth said...

danny1961,

Murdering a king (or equivalent of one in our times) of Israel does not carry any guilt?! Has it been lost on you that the First Temple was destroyed because of such a deed?

Nothing personal against you, just carrying out "hocheach tochiach et amitecha". G-d bless.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Danny1961,

I must disagree as well. Whoever shot Yitzchak Rabin is guilty of murder. My question is whether the right man was found guilty.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger westbankmama said...

I'm glad you did this - I am linking to you now!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger YMedad said...

I liked Yedidyah Meir's comment: every year, it seems that instead of Moreshet Rabin (Rabin's Legacy), all that the media can come up with is Moreshet Amir (Amir's Legacy) as if Rabin has no legacy other than that linked to Amir.

Am I posted by you?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger YMedad said...

ah, yes i am, thanks. p.s. how does one "link"?

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a videoographer and I can tell you that the Kempler video has been (poorly)doctored. Look at Amir's arm when he fires the gun,it is way too long when he is supposedly shooting Rabin.

That being said, I will bring a Halacha and I am asking anyone without histeria or name calling to tell me why this wouldn't apply to Rabin.

Shulchan Aruch HaRav volume six; laws pertaining to property. "If a Jew gives up the land of other Jews to Goyim, and he persists in this, that is he gives up the land of three or more Jews, he is a Rodef and can and should be killed by anyone".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google