Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Barak to make victory speech starting around 1:30-1:45 AM

Former Prime Minister Ehud Barak has apparently won the Labor party primary and will make a victory speech starting between 1:30 and 1:45 AM (5-20 minutes from now). Since I still have work to do tonight, and since the news broadcasters reminded us that Barak's last victory speech was cut off the air after more than an hour and a half, I will not be live-blogging it. Trust me, you won't be missing anything. The Labor party is largely irrelevant.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Brian L. said...

Carl,

By "irrelevant," do you mean that Likud will remain in control of the Knesset? As bad as Olmert has been, I can't imagine going back to someone as horrible for Israel as Barak was...

Regards,
Brian

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Brian,

I mean that I do not expect the Labor party to be a significant bloc in the next Knesset.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google