Powered by WebAds

Friday, July 17, 2009

Swine flu

I had a curious conversation with the doctor yesterday. I asked if what I have is swine flu. He said he doesn't know. I asked "aren't you going to test me?" He said "No, the Ministry of Health issued a directive not to test people who aren't in high risk categories." I said, "you know, come to think of it, I hadn't heard how many cases we have recently." He said, "actually Arutz Sheva said there were x [I don't recall the number. CiJ] new cases today, but it's meaningless."

So why bother to release a number at all? Probably to get people like me - who don't need a doctor's note to stay home from work - to go to the doctor (when I came back from the States in May I caught a cold and also went to the doctor thinking it was swine flu). We have to keep people busy....

By the way, did anyone find this kid's parent's yet?

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger trumpeldor said...

Carl,

It does not matter if your flu virus belongs to viral strain A (swine type) or another one AS LONG AS YOUR CLINICAL STATUS IS GOOD!
That means mainly no respiratory problems.
I hope the picture of the kissing pig kid is a photoshop hoax but I am not sure...

I wish you again a speedy and full recovery,
Trumpeldor

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Carl, unless its polio or something similar and you're in in good health, a viral infection isn't life-threatening. You can't cure it so you have to wait it out to gain immunity to that particular virus.

In the meantime, prayers to Hashem on a swift and full recovery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google