Powered by WebAds

Friday, April 02, 2010

More than I bargained for

Those of you who watched the overnight video last night may have noticed that I warned at the end that posting may be a little lighter than usual today.

I have a deal with Mrs. Carl. On one of the intermediate days of each holiday, I take off completely (including not going to my daily Talmud class which doesn't end until 11:15 during the holiday - and I have to make up what I missed by tomorrow morning), and we take the kids somewhere.

This time, we took the kids north - way north. We ended up hiking much of a gorge near the Lebanese border. The gorge has four waterfalls and we saw three of them - would have seen all four had we known that if you parked your car in the upper lot, a shuttle from the lower lot would take you back at the end. So instead of walking mostly downhill, we walked mostly uphill and THEN mostly downhill.

For those wondering, the gorge is near Metulla - about as far north in Israel as you can go. That's one of the waterfalls in the picture.

So why more than I bargained for? Because it should have taken about three hours each way to get there, but traffic is horrendous this holiday and it took about five each way. I did all the driving after having about 2 hours of sleep last night (and an hour and a half nap during the day yesterday). Thankfully - I found one of those 'energy drinks' with a good Passover endorsement, but I'm about to crash as it wears off....

I'll make it up to you tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

You could have gone up to the Golan Heights. There's no skiing up there this time of the year but I bet the view from Mt. Hermon must be spectacular!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

NormanF,

We were very close to the Golan. We've taken the kids there many times. We'd never taken them to Metulla (and no, if anyone's wondering, we did not go ice skating).

On the way back, we stopped at Misgav Am where the IDF took me last December.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google