Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Video: Putting women's rights back on the Middle East media agenda

Why does our mainstream media give the Arab and Muslim countries of the Middle East a pass when it comes to their treatment of women? I don't know. I'd suggest that it's the racism of no expectations. We don't expect these brutes to behave any differently, so we write it off by saying that we cannot expect them to behave differently.

On Tuesday, I chanced upon this post, which claims that Lara Logan wasn't raped at Tahrir Square in Cairo. The post is based upon nothing but the writer's impressions. As our rabbis tell us "lo ra'iti eino ra'aya" (the fact that I didn't see it doesn't prove anything). I don't believe that post for one minute. Sexual harassment of women is routine on the streets of Cairo. But if I had not read about it five years ago, I would not have known it from our mainstream media.

Let's see if we can change things, starting with getting our mainstream media to tell the truth.

Let's go to the videotape.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Zilla said...

I shared this video and one about Iran's gender apartheid over at the Potluck blog, with a H/T to you:
http://potluckbloggers.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/challenge-to-the-media-report-the-truth-about-women-in-the-middle-east/

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Good luck with it.

There seems to be a mindset that refuses to acknowledge and confront Muslim evil

Especially in regards to the treatment of women.

What could go wrong indeed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google