Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Overnight music video

In an earlier post, I announced that Mrs. Carl and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this evening, along with the 12th birthday of son#3, child #6. In honor of the occasions, I'd like to play a song which, I believe, embodies the dream of every Orthodox Jewish couple who gets married (okay, that's a bit presumptuous, but I don't believe it's an exaggeration). The song is by Baruch Levine and it's called v'Zakeini le'gadeil (And privilege me to raise children and grandchildren). I've played it for you several times before.

Let's go to the videotape. The words and their translation follow. Make sure you watch the video and not just listen to the music (which is beautiful).



The words come from the prayer said by Jewish women as they light the Sabbath candles each week.

Ve'zakeini le'gadeil banim u'vnei vanim chachamim u'nivonim, o'havei Hashem, yir'ei Elokim, anshei emes, zerah kodesh, ba'Hashem de'veikim, u'mi'irim es ha'olam baTorah u've'ma'asim tovim, u've'chol mi'leches avodas ha'Borei.

"Privilege me to raise children and grandchildren who are wise and understanding, who love Hashem and fear Hashem, people of truth, offspring that are holy, who to Hashem are attached, (who) illuminate the world with Torah and with deeds that are good, and with every labor in the service of the Creator."

That is my wish this evening, for myself and Mrs. Carl, for our children and grandchildren, and for all of you.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Herb Glatter said...

Mazel Tov to the family!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Caren May said...

Mazal TOv on ur anniversary and birthday of your son.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google