Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012: Israel has lost a friend

Andrew Breitbart passed away in Los Angeles shortly after midnight on Thursday morning (Hat Tip: Memeorandum).
Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:
I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.
Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.
Here's an interview that Democast did with Breitbart in June 2011 in which Breitbart discusses his positions on Israel. Much of the interview focuses on the infamous video of Rashid Khalidi's departure party from Chicago, which was attended by then State Senator Obama. The video has been in a safe at the Los Angeles Times since 2008, and I have discussed it many times on this blog. Apparently, Andrew believed it was as important as I believe it is.

Let's go to the videotape.



May his memory be blessed.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A great loss, a champion of free speech is gone.
I was looking forward to see the video's of Obama during his university time, that Andrew was planning to release.
A terrible day for Freedom loving America.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

z"l Andrew Breitbart
He has been a ray of hope and a leader for large swaths of people and for individuals. His was brought up in the organizations that I've brought my kids up in. I've been stunned by the underlying philosophies in them (marcuse marxism New Left is not outlined in the Torah). Listening to Andrew describe his awakening to the destructiveness of New Leftism has brought hope to me that my own children will keep the mist of marxism out of their own eyes... I won't give up teaching them, as a memorial to Andrew.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Captain.H said...

I was shocked and saddened to learn of Andrew Breitbart's death. At such a young age, 43, Mr. Breitbart's death is tragic. He has left us all a legacy of fearless, honest journalism and attachment to traditional Western values. May he rest in peace and may his family be comforted at this time of grief.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger BH in Iowa said...

7 Adar - the Yahrtzeit as Moses.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ashan said...

Such devastatingly sad news.
It’s so hard to believe that our “happy warrior” has died.
RIP, Andrew.

{Gateway Pundit posted a photo of Breitbart and other Conservative activists with Netanyahu in 2007.)

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smell a rat. Sorry. Young age. Out for a walk. Just dropped. Not buying it.

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Captain.H said...

Shy Guy, maybe so, maybe not.

My first thought was that Breitbart had an either an undiagnosed arrhythmia, a not that uncommon deadly heart condition that has killed many men and women even younger than he or that he'd had a brain aneurism rupture, also a not that uncommon deadly condition.

I'm sure nobody wants to intrude on the Breitbart family's privacy but hopefully, more information will come out.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on ShyGuy,

Do you think anybody would go to the trouble of doing away with a non entity like Briebart? He had a major role in 'discrediting' the right wing, expecially the Zionist right wing. People like him are needed to keep Obama and the left rising.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google