Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

'When did honoring the dead become an occasion for fleecing the living'?

If it were up to me, most of the World Trade Center site would have been turned into a simple memorial with names, pictures and stories of those who worked and died there. In fact, one such story on my blog has been drawing a huge number of hits today, as it always does on 9/11.

Instead, the World Trade Center site is once being turned into the most expensive office building in the United States, with a Disney-like museum and a huge - and hugely out of place - mosque. The profiteering is running rampant. And the victims are forgotten.

This video bothers me on so many levels... including both the fact that it was made and the fact that it had to be made.

Let's go to the videotape.



No one should ever be able to walk in the area of the World Trade Center without remembering what happened there and all the people who died there. No one.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger muman613 said...

Shalom Carl,

I am a relative of a victim of 9/11. My brother Jonathan Uman died while working for Cantor Fitzgerald. My mother is at the 9/11 memorial today contributing items of my brothers to the museum. I am sorry that the cost of the memorial is so high but my family appreciates the effort which has gone into making this happen.

There is no mosque there {unless you know something that I don't know}. My family worked hard to prevent the 9/11 mosque from being built.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Muman613,

I am so sorry for your loss.

My point wasn't the cost of the museum. My point was the profiteering and the commercialization of the site. I would have put nothing but the museum on it. I would have made the rest into a public park type memorial.

Sorry, but you can't just build another World Trade Center to make everyone forget what happened there. It feels like dancing on graves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google