Powered by WebAds

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Heading back to Israel

By the time you all read this, my 19-year old daughter and I will be on a plane back to Israel. We have spent the last four days based in Kiev (the capital of Ukraine), and in addition to exploring Kiev, we have also traveled to Uman, Berditchev and Medzhybizh.

Yes, I know, as I have told you many times I am not a chassid. But my wife is from a chassidishe family, my daughter has some chassidishe tendencies, and this was the only place to which I could procure two free tickets on bonus miles on short notice :-)

But we had a great time bonding together (at least I think we did - I hope that she does too) and now we're headed home for Dad's yahrtzeit this coming Monday.

I will try to post more about the trip when I can, but I will say that I am surprised at the vibrancy of the Jewish community here and that I have not experienced any anti-Semitism (except maybe the police officer who gave us directions to go precisely the wrong way to get to a museum on Tuesday).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Shy Guy said...

No anti-Semitism in Kiev?! You're lucky. Search for "Kiev" at INN and page through the archives. And that's jsut what's reported!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google