Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Boo Hoo

Code Pink founder Medea Benjamin posts a rant after she is deported from Egypt to Turkey instead of being allowed into Gaza for - get this - International Women's Day. Meanwhile, her fellow travelers, pictured above, remain at Cairo airport.
Just the other day I hopped on a plane to Egypt, eager to join the international delegation of 100 women headed to Gaza for International Women’s Day. Little did I know I would be stopped at the Cairo airport, detained, held overnight in a cell, then in the morning brutally assaulted by Egyptian authorities. They threw me to the ground, stomped on my back, handcuffed me so tightly they dislocated my shoulder, and then deported me to Turkey.

Now the Egyptian authorities are blocking most of the remaining delegates from entering Egypt and traveling to Gaza. It has been frustrating and disappointing for us, but we cannot forget that almost two million Palestinians remained trapped in Gaza while the Egyptian Rafah border remains closed or tightly controlled

What happened to me was traumatizing, but is minor compared to what Egyptian activists are going through, including women. Thousands of peaceful Egyptian demonstrators have been killed or jailed by the Military Junta since the July 2013 military coup.
And just how does this moron think that Hamas is treating 'Palestinian' women in Gaza? Here's an example.

There's only one country in the Middle East which strives to treat its women like human beings. But Benjamin and her ilk cannot even acknowledges that country's existence. Jew hatred takes precedence over women's rights for these self-proclaimed women's rights activists.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Medea Benjamin??? I am so glad that I already had lunch! But I have a very strong feeling that I will have nightmares just thinking of her! Ugh!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mordechai Y. Scher said...

What a twit. She should be thanking the Egyptians. They probably saved her life. I can only imagine how Hamas would have welcomed her.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Shy Guy said...

I would say something anti-feminine against Code Pink but now I might get arrested for it here in Israel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google